So let's start with the award. The lovely Bellini Valli over at More Than Burnt Toast gave me the I Love You This Much award. I love her too. Valli makes me want to be a Canadian. She makes delicious food and uses fresh local ingredients. I love that. And the photos on her blog are beautiful. Stunning really. I've updated my list of yummy blogs over there on the sidelines so you can see there are TONS of blogs worthy of this award, but for now I'll pass it on to a few that I really admire:
Speedbump Kitchen, who's food looks delicious and show us all that living with allergies doesn't mean that you have to live a life of deprivation.
Cheap But Not Easy, who has daily tips about living frugally, which is important right now with our economy whether anyone labels it a recession or not.
Straight From the Farm, who quit her business job to work on a farm and follow her dream and develops recipes for all kinds of produce.
Tartlette, because her photos are truly food porn and even though I'm afraid to try most of her recipes, I love looking at them and I'm very excited that she's writing and developing a cookbook.
and finally Super G's Potpourri, because she's my sister and I strong armed her into joining the Daring Bakers and I convinced her that she was going to die of Yuck when she was 6 and she doesn't hate me for it.
And on to the Meme...
Both April over at Abby Sweets and Speedbump Kitchen have tagged me for the Six Random things meme. They're both lovely people and you should totally go check them out. I'm not going to pass it on to anyone, because I figure meme's are like those emails with the cute pictures of kittens and inspirational sayings about how much God loves us that some people forward to every person in their address book. I never know who really wants to receive them. SO if you'd like to play along, play. If not, that's OK too. So here are my random things....
1) The Brain is lactose intolerant, so on nights like tonight when he's golfing and I'm alone for dinner, I frequently have something silly like cheese. Yep, I'm having cheese for dinner tonight. Goat Brie, and Saint Andre.
2) Although I spend all morning frying donuts, I don't like to eat them. I much prefer to come home and have a bowl of Cheerios. Which I sometimes pronounce Cheerio-e-oooooos.
3) I like to sing, I mean really really sing in the car. With the windows up. I can get my groove thing on to pretty much anything from Kenny Chesney to Verdi. And sometimes, if it something peppy like Gloria Estevan, I tend to seat dance too.
4) My hiking boots are bright pink.
5) When I was a little girl my career aspiration in life was to be a scantily clad alien on Star Trek and make out with Captain Kirk. (I outgrew that one).
6) I think bald men are incredibly sexy.
So there. Now you know everything there is to know.